--- Bài mới hơn ---
Using Tab Stops in Word: Overview
Using Tab Stops in Word: Overview
This tutorial is about creating and using tab stops in Word documents. Using tab stops in Word helps you create organized lists in Word documents. For example, suppose you had to create a document that lists the names of people in your company. Assume you also need to show within which department they work. In this case, it may be helpful to create a document that contains two columns of information. One column contains the names of the people and another column contains the names of the departments. Using tabs stops in Word lets you easily accomplish this type of task.
Many users often insert tabs into Word documents before writing the document’s text. However, you can also add them to existing paragraphs. Tabs can also change from paragraph to paragraph within a single document. Each paragraph, which may be no longer than a single line of text, can have its own unique set of tab stops. So, in summary, you do not need to place tabs in a strictly uniform way throughout a document.
How to Enable the Ruler to Add Tab Stops in Word
Using Tab Stops in Word- Instructions: A picture of a document showing the different types of tabs stops for selected paragraphs in Word within the horizontal ruler.
How to Add Tab Stops in Word
The Different Types of Tab Stops in Word
The type of tab stop you insert affects the way text aligns when entering text after pssing the “Tab” key on the keyboard to arrive at the tab stop. Left tabs left-align adjacent text, right tabs right-align adjacent text, center tabs center-align adjacent text, and decimal tabs align numbers by their decimal points. The bar tab, often used in conjunction with the other tabs, draws a vertical bar wherever you place it within the ruler. It does not affect the alignment of text or act as a tab stop. It is purely for aesthetics.
How to Remove or Reposition a Tab Stop in Word
If you set tab stops for a paragraph, when you pss the “Enter” key on your keyboard to create a new paragraph, the tab stops you created for the pvious paragraph continue to the next paragraph. If you no longer want to have the same tabs stops, you must remove them from the new paragraph.
How to Use Tab Stops in Word
After adding tab stops to a new paragraph, pss the “Tab” key on your keyboard to indent the line to the tab stop. Any text you then type aligns itself using the alignment of the tab stop type.
Using Tab Stops in Word: Instructions
Instructions on How to Enable the Ruler to Add Tab Stops in Word
- Then check the “Ruler” checkbox in the “Show” button group.
- After the ruler is turned on, you can see the tab stop toggle button appear to the far left of the horizontal ruler and above the vertical ruler in the corner of the screen.
Instructions on How to Add Tab Stops in Word
- To insert a tab stop in Word, enable the ruler, if needed.
- Alternatively, select the paragraphs to which to add tab stops.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until you have placed all the desired tab stops for the selected paragraph(s) onto the horizontal ruler.
Instructions on How to Remove or Reposition a Tab Stop in Word
- Alternatively, select the paragraphs to change.
- If the tabs stops appear grayed out or faded in the horizontal ruler, that means you have selected paragraphs with mis-matching tab stops and should reselect the text again to ensure you only select text with the same tabs stops
Instructions on How to Use Tab Stops in Word
- To use the tab stops you created in Word, pss the “Tab” key on your keyboard to indent the line to the tab stop you inserted.
- Any text you then type aligns itself to the tab stop using the alignment of the associated tab stop type.
Using Tab Stops in Word: Video Lesson
You can watch the following video lesson, titled “Using Tab Stops,” to see how to use tabs stops in Word. This video is from our complete Word tutorial, titled “Mastering Word Made Easy v.2019 and 365.”
--- Bài cũ hơn ---