Bạn đang xem bài viết 410+ Adjectives That Start With O: Positive O Words To Describe Someone, With Definitions And Examples được cập nhật mới nhất tháng 12 năm 2023 trên website Hoisinhvienqnam.edu.vn. Hy vọng những thông tin mà chúng tôi đã chia sẻ là hữu ích với bạn. Nếu nội dung hay, ý nghĩa bạn hãy chia sẻ với bạn bè của mình và luôn theo dõi, ủng hộ chúng tôi để cập nhật những thông tin mới nhất.ovalRounded like an egg The adult carapace is wrinkled and oval shaped.ovarianOf or involving the ovaries Unintended oophorectomy and premature ovarian failure.ovateOf a leaf shape; egg-shaped with the broader end at the base The aperture is small and ovate.overHaving come or been brought to a conclusion He completed over 20 other wordless novels in his career.over-the-counterIndicating opposition or resistance He was responsible for counter sabotage and counterespionage.overabundantExcessively abundant The overabundant and unreliable list of post grunge bands article was deleted.overactiveMore active than normal Hyperkinesis is a state of overactive restlessness in children.overageToo old to be useful- anthony trollope This fee for the extra minutes is called overage fees or overage charges.overagedToo old to be useful- anthony trollope The alloy is solution treated and overaged to provide a suitable precipitate.overallIncluding everything Consider the overall welfare of the projectoverambitiousExcessively ambitious The ace project was overambitious.overanxiousAnxious or nervous to an excessive degree I think i got a bit overanxious here.overarmWith hand brought forward and down from above shoulder level An occasional bowler of lobs, he sometimes switched to quick overarm deliveries.overbearingHaving or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy In the process, she also learns edna’s overbearing ways.overblownPuffed up with vanity- newsweek It’s gone from underweight to, arguably, overblown in a few months.overboldImproperly forward or bold I also used overbold language in response to one of your posts over there.overburdenedHeavily burdened with work or cares The article will not be overburdened.overbusyToo busyovercarefulExcessively or unduly carefulovercastFilled or abounding with clouds The sky was overcast and misty and it was very cold.overcautiousUnnecessarily cautious And better overcautious with references than not cautious enough.overconfidentMarked by excessive confidence She has the tendency to be overconfident in her powers.overcredulousToo credulous for your own goodovercriticalInclined to judge too severely I apologize for becoming overcritical of your effort.overcuriousShowing excessive curiosityoverdelicateExtremely delicateoverdressedDressed too elaborately The jacket and tie is very easy to set aside if you feel overdressed.overduePast due; not paid at the scheduled time By the 1950s, the building was mostly vacant and overdue for rehabilitation.overeagerExcessively eager It all comes across to me as an overeager book report.overemotionalExcessively or abnormally emotional It is the overemotional and man crazy men who have messed up american history.overenthusiasticUnduly enthusiastic He was overenthusiastic and he jumped the gun.overexcitedUnduly excited Overexcited quick hands please chill out.overfamiliarTaking undue libertiesoverfedToo well nourished Overfed fish can sometimes be recognized by feces trailing from their cloaca.overfondExcessively fondoverfullExceeding demand The parent category isn’t overfull.overgenerousVery generous I think in all honesty that the b rating is overgenerous.overgreedyExcessively gluttonousovergrownCovered with growing plants Over time, the grove became overgrown and the spring became fetid.overhandWith hand brought forward and down from above shoulder level The double overhand knot is the opened equivalent of the cinquefoil knot.overhandedWith hand brought forward and down from above shoulder level Darts may be thrown overhanded, underhanded or both depending on league rules.overhastyDone with very great haste and without due deliberation- shakespeare- arthur geddes He declared, that, if he should be overhasty, he would most assuredly ruin every thing.overheadLocated or originating from above The white flag fluttered overhead.overheatedHeated beyond a safe or desirable point The overheated description of the commercial itself is also rubbish.overindulgentExcessively indulgent Massie’s overindulgent and also very wealthy parents.overjealousSuspicious or unduly suspicious or fearful of being displaced by a rival I have had my mention an copyright free picture deleted by an overjealous user.overjoyedExtremely joyful Prithviraj was overjoyed on getting this letter.overladenLoaded past capacity An article should not be overladen with images.overlandTraveling or passing over land It eliminated the need for overland travel.overlargeExcessively large It was split out simply to reduce the size of this overlarge article.overlyingPlaced on or over something else It’s the overlying theme, after all.overmodestAffectedly modest or shy especially in a playful or provocative way It’s not uncommon for academic biographies to be overmodest and insufficient.overmuchVery great in quantity; overabundant I don’t really care overmuch about that.overniceExcessively fastidious and easily disgustedovernightLasting, open, or operating through the whole night The rush ended the depression overnight for seattle.overpricedToo costly for the value The bid was felt by many to be overpriced.overprotectiveOverly protective My boy here’s a little overprotective.overproudExcessively proudoverrefinedExcessively delicate or refinedoverripeToo ripe and beginning to turn soft It seems like the irony is getting a little overripe.overseaBeing or passing over or across the sea Most of the oversea businesses are automobile trading.overseasBeing or passing over or across the sea The success of the three clubs took the business overseas.oversensitiveUnduly sensitive or thin-skinned Perhaps i am a bit oversensitive.overseriousExcessively seriousoversewnSewn together with overhand stitches (close vertical stitches that pass over and draw the two edges together)oversexedHaving excessive sexual desire or appeal Grandma is an oversexed man chaser who falls head over heels for the olf.overshotHaving an upper part projecting beyond the lower There was an internal overshot wheel.oversizeLarger than normal for its kind The oversize images should be rectified.oversizedLarger than normal for its kind The article is indeed oversized and badly organised.oversolicitousExcessively solicitousoverstrungToo tightly strungoverstuffedUpholstered thickly and deeply Home furnishing was not necessarily ornate or overstuffed.oversubscribedSold in excess of available supply especially season tickets The initial stock placement was heavily oversubscribed.oversuspiciousUnduly suspicious I’m at a loss, and probably oversuspicious.overtOpen and observable; not secret or hidden Your overt hostility is unwarranted and unappreciated.overvaliantHaving or showing undue valor or boldnessoverweeningPresumptuously arrogant- s.v.benet- ny times What might seem like overweening ambition is actually a patriotic chore.overweightUsually describes a large person who is fat but has a large frame to carry it For instance, the people in the strips were often overweight.overwhelmingSo strong as to be irresistible That was the overwhelming vibe.overwroughtDeeply agitated especially from emotion I think some of the indignation displayed by others was overwrought.overzealousMarked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea Perhaps you are just overzealous.oviformRounded like an eggovineOf or pertaining to or of the nature of or characteristic of a sheep or sheep It has polar fimbriae and is the causative agent of ovine foot rot.oviparousEgg-laying Most of these species are oviparous.ovoidRounded like an egg The olives are of medium weight, ovoid shape and asymmetrical.ovoviviparousProducing living young from eggs that hatch within the body Fish in the subfamily anablepinae are ovoviviparous.
OPTIMISTIC LIST OF POSITIVE ADJECTIVES STARTING WITH O
Obcordate heart-shaped (especially in botany with the point of attachment at the narrow end of leaf).Objective having actual reality or existence; uninfluenced by personal prejudices or emotions.Obliging helpful; showing readiness to do favors to others.Observant quick to apprehend or perceive; taking notice.Obtainable capable of being procured or obtained.
You have to attempt to be objective about yourself. Charles Dance TWEET THIS
Occurrent actually and factually observable or occurring.
Odds-on very likely to succeed, win or happen; having a better chance of winning than even.
Oecumenical of worldwide scope; universal; general.
Official verified (officially); conforming to set procedure, usage or discipline; formal; authoritative.
Oil-bearing containing or having oil.Oily containing oil; resembling oil in characteristics; smooth or slippery.
OK acceptable; agreeable; pretty good; satisfactory v. to agree to or approve of; authorize.Okay see OK.
Olympian majestic in bearing or manner; far beyond what is usual in degree or magnitude.Omnicompetent able to handle any and all matters or situations.Omnipotent having unlimited or great power and influence; all-powerful; almighty.Omnipresent constantly or widely encountered; present everywhere or all places at the same time.Omniscient knowing everything or having unlimited understanding; all-knowing; all-wise.
We will move forward, we will move upward, and yes, we will move onward. Dan Quayle TWEET THIS
Freedom is the open window through which pours the sunlight of the human spirit and human dignity. Herbert Hoover TWEET THIS
Orderly systematic; methodical; neat; clean.Organic having characteristics associated with living organisms; natural; conducted or raised without use of synthetic chemicals or drugs.Organized efficient or methodical in function or arrangement; affiliated in an organization or union.Oriented located or adjusted in relation to circumstances or surroundings.Original authentic; not copied or derived from something else; first or preceding all others in time; fresh (especially an unusual way); pioneering; inventive; productive of new ideas or things.Ornamental beautifying; embellishing; aesthetic n. an adornment, embellishment or accessory.Ornate highly or elaborately decorated; florid, flashy or showy in manner or style v. to adorn or decorate; to honor.Orotund deep, full and rich in sound; sonorous; bombastic and pompous.
Oscular relating to kissing or muscles used in kissing.
Otherworldly seeming to come from or belong to another world; supernatural; transcendental.
Outgoing responsive and sociable to others; going out.Out-of-this-world extremely impressive or enjoyable; so good or great that it seems it cannot possibly to be real.Outstanding superior, prominent or noticeable of others of its kind; exceptionally good.
Over superior; higher; upper; covering; been brought or having come to conclusion; being more than expected or needed.Overflowing more than full; abundant n. superabundance; surplus.Overjoyed extremely happy and joyful.Overriding first in priority; having superior influence or power.Overt shown or done openly.
Have an overflowing and optimistic day!
ps. See positive verbs starting with o and positive nouns starting with o.
positive words that start with O will give you that optimal oomph towards an outrageously optimistic day. With a more positive train of thought we are able to move mountains, take things to the next level and embrace our amazing future. Adding positive O words to your daily affirmations, in your poems, when playing word games, sending texts to those you care about and writing in greeting cards will help to spread some smiles and happiness. Positivity increases confidence and well-being, which is already half the battle. Choose your words carefully and wisely. With that in mind, here is the most comprehensive list of outstanding positive words beginning with O. If you’re looking for a way to boost your positivity today, look through this list of positive words that start with the letter O and use them until everyone around you is oozing with over-flowing joy!
Open your heart and mind to some O-powered positivity! Thesewill give you that optimal oomph towards an outrageously optimistic day. With a more positive train of thought we are able to move mountains, take things to the next level and embrace our amazing future. Adding positive O words to your daily affirmations, in your poems, when playing word games, sending texts to those you care about and writing in greeting cards will help to spread some smiles and happiness. Positivity increases confidence and well-being, which is already half the battle. Choose your words carefully and wisely. With that in mind, here is the most comprehensive list of outstanding positive words beginning with O. If you’re looking for a way to boost your positivity today, look through this list of positive words that start with the letter O and use them until everyone around you is oozing with over-flowing joy!Positive Words That Start With O
Oasis Obedient Objective Objectively
Obliged Obliging Obligingly Observant
Obtain Obtainable Occur Odds-on
Oecumenical Offer Offering Official
Of substance Okay Okayed Okey-dokey
Olympiad Omnipotent Omniscience Omniscient
Oncoming One-hundred percent Oneness One of a kind
One up Ongoing On hand On-target
On the ball On the button On the money On the right path
On the right track On time Onward Oodles
Oohlala Oomph Ooze Oozing
Opalescent Open Open-hearted Open-heartedly
Opening Open Minded Open Mindedly Openness
Open up Operable Operatic Operational
Operative Opportune Opportunities Opportunity
Optimal Optimistic Optimum Opulent
Opulence Orchestrated Orderly Organic
Organizational Organized Original Originality
Originate Origination Originative Ornamental
Ornate Orotund Osculate Outback
Outdo Outdone Outgoing Outlast
Out of sight Out of this world Outplay Outrageous
Outshine Outshone Outsize Outsmart
Outspoken Outstanding Outstretch Ovation
Over Overachieve Overachiever Overactive
Overage Overbold Overexcited Overflow
Overflowing Overfond Overjoy Overjoyed
Over-joyful Overjoying Overmodest Overpower
Overriding Oversize Overt Overtake
Overtaking Overwhelming Owner Owning your power
Ok, which positive words that start with O to describe a person, place, thing, event, feeling and more are your favorites? Over-joyed? Opportunity? How about outstanding? As you can see, there are lots of positive descriptive words that start with O. Use them as a guideline to become more focused and positive. If you really want to take your life to the next level and enhance your happiness, sometimes all you need is to give these words that start with O that are positive a try and repeat them every day, coloring your language with optimism. Include positive O words to describe someone special in a greeting card or on social media. Whether the words starting with O positive words are adjectives, nouns or verbs they will help brighten peoples day that’s for sure!
Words that start with O!!! There are many words beginning with letter O in English. Below is a useful list of power English words that start with O. You’ll also find example sentences to help show context for each word.
Words that Start with O
Words that Start with O List
Words that Start with O Examples
An oyster that has grown large enough to breed is a great success, in oyster terms.
Thursday evening, the work prompted an instant trip to the depths of an oxymoron.
Ozone is produced by the reaction between oxygen and ultra-violet light.
Federal law prohibits foreign airlines from owning more than 25% of any U.S. airline.
A brand was a mark of ownership burned into the hide of an animal with a hot iron.
The owner of the store was sweeping his floor when I walked in.
Only when the means of production were communally owned would classes disappear.
Some women ovulate irregularly because their pituitary glands secrete too much prolactin.
He thought she was overwrought and the best way of dealing with that was a good night’s sleep.
In an argument, he never tried to overbear or overwhelm the opponent by intellectual bludgeoning.
I’m a bit overweight. It can also mean too fat, especially so that you are not fit.
I’ll give you a brief overview of what the job involves.
They are part of a campaign to overturn the county’s decision to spray on private property if needed.
I resent the obloquy that you are casting upon my reputation.
The government seems oblivious to the likely effects of the new legislation.
What I tried to do was obliterate this life and replace it with another, a more perfect one.
Mr. Oakley always has been ready to oblige journalists with information.
We attended the party more out of a sense of obligation than anything else.
The parents of a proband are obligate heterozygotes and therefore carry one mutant allele.
The objective of the research is to gain a better insight into labor market processes.
You know I have no intention of being awkward and obstreperous.
Words that Start with O Infographic
Words that Start with O in English
Popular Words that Start with O
When describing something positive about someone, we all tend to overuse the usual “she’s really good”, “he’s a great guy” or even “they’re awesome at their job”. Instead of more of the same – and in trying to use more positive words (and thoughts) more often, I enthusiastically compiled an enormous list of positive words that can be used to describe someone (see what I did there?).What are some positive words to describe someone?
Positive adjectives (aka ‘describing words’) can help us to describe someone’s characteristics in a more positive light. To give you some ideas beyond nice, great and kind, here is a long and thorough list of more than 360 positive personality adjectives, all listed A-Z:Positive adjectives that start with a
• Abundant • Accountable • Active • Adaptable • Adventurous • Affable • Affectionate • Agile • Agreeable • Alert • Altruistic • Amazing • Ambitious • Amiable • Amicable • Amusing • Animated • Artful • Assertive • Astute • Athletic • Attentive • Attractive • AuthenticPositive adjectives that start with B
• Balanced • Beautiful • Believer • Blissful • Bold • Bonza (it’s the Aussie in me) • Brave • Bright • Brilliant • BroadmindedPositive adjectives that start with C
• Calm • Candid • Capable • Careful • Caring • Celebrated • Centered • Champion • Charismatic • Charitable • Charming • Chatty • Cheeky • Cheerful • Cheery • Cherished • Chic • Chilled • Chivalrous • Civil • Clean • Communicator • Compassionate • Competent • Confident • Conscientious • Considerate • Consistent • Content • Controlled • Cool-headed • Cooperative • Courageous • Courteous • Crafty • Creative • Curious • CutePositive adjectives that start with D
• Dear • Decisive • Decisive • Delightful • Determined • Devoted • Diligent • Diplomatic • Discreet • DrivenPositive adjectives that start with E
• Eager • Earnest • Easy-going • Effusive • Emotional • Empathetic • Empathic • Empowered • Empowering • Endearing • Energetic • Enlightened • Enlivened • Enough • Enterprising • Entertaining • Enthusiastic • Entrepreneurial • Ethical • Euphoric • Exuberant • Exotic • Experienced • ExpertPositive adjectives that start with F
• Fabulous • Fair • Faithful • Famous • Fantastic • Fascinating • Fastidious • Fearless • Fit • Flexible • Flowing • Focused • Frank • Free • Friendly • Fun • FunnyPositive adjectives that start with G
• Game • Generous • Genius • Gentle • Genuine • Giving • Glamor • Glamorous • Glowing • Good • Graceful • Gracious • Grateful • Great • GregariousPositive adjectives that start with H
• Handsome • Happy • Hard Worker • Healthy • Heartful • Heartwarming • Helpful • Honest • Hopeful • Humble • Humorous • HystericalPositive Words To Describe Someone’s Character Positive adjectives that start with I
• Idealistic • Illuminated • Imaginative • Impartial • Inciteful • Incomparable • Incredible • Independent • Industrious • Ineffable • Ingenios • Innovative • Inspirational • Inspiring • Integral • Intellectual • Intelligent • Intentional • Interesting • Intuitive • Inventive • Invigorated • Involved • IrresistiblePositive adjectives that start with J
• Jolly • Jovial • Joyful • Joyous • Jubilant • Just • JustifiedPositive adjectives that start with K
• Keen • Kind • KnowledgeablePositive adjectives that start with L
• Lithe • Lively • Living • Loud • Lovable • Loved • Lovely • Loving • Loyal • Lucky • Lustful • LuxuriousPositive adjectives that start with M
• Magical • Magnanimous • Magnificient • Marvelous • Masterful • Mediator • Methodical • Meticulous • Mind Blowing • Mindful • Miraculous • Modest • Motivated • MotivationalPositive adjectives that start with N
• Natural • Neat • Neutral • NurturingPositive adjectives that start with O
• Obliging • Open • Open-minded • Optimistic • Opulent • Orderly • Organized • Original • Outgoing • OutstandingPositive adjectives that start with P
• Passionate • Patient • Peaceful • Perfect • Perk • Perky • Persistent • Philosophical • Pioneering • Placid • Playful • Pleasant • Poised • Polite • Positive • Powerful • Practical • Precious • Pretty • Proactive • Prosperous • Provocative • PunctualPositive adjectives that start with Q
• Quick • Quick-witted • QuietPositive adjectives that start with R
• Radiant • Rational • Ready • Realistic • Receptive • Refreshed • Relatable • Relaxed • Reliable • Relieved • Remarkable • Reserved • Resilient • Resourceful • Respected • Revered • Rich • RomanticPositive adjectives that start with S
• Sacred • Safe • Satisfied • Scrumptious • Secure • Self-assured • Sensational • Sensible • Sensitive • Serene • Serent • Sharp • Shimmering • Shining • Shrewd • Simple • Sincere • Skilled • Smart • Snazzy • Sociable • Soulful • Special • Spectacular • Splendid • Stellar • Stellar • Stoic • Straightforward • Strategic • Striking • Strong • Studious • Stunning • Successful • Super • Sustained • Sweet • SympatheticPositive adjectives that start with T
• Tactful • Talented • Tasty • Thankful • Thorough • Thoughtful • Thrilled • Thriving • Tidy • Tolerant • Tough • Tranquil • Transparent • Triumphant • Trusting • TrustyPositive adjectives that start with U
• Ultimate • Unassuming • Unbelievable • Understanding • Unique • Unlimited • Unreal • Upbeat • Uplifted • UpliftingPositive adjectives that start with V
• Valuable • Versatile • Versatile • Vibrant • Victorious • Virtuous • VivaciousPositive adjectives that start with W
• Warm • Warmhearted • Wealthy • Welcoming • Well-versed • Whole • Willing • Wise • Witty • Wonderful • Wondrous • WorthyPositive adjectives that start with Y
• Yielding • YummyPositive adjectives that start with Z
• Zappy • Zealous • Zestful • Zing
If you’re looking for more specific positive words to use, here are a few more niche lists that can be used to positively describe someone.Positive Words to Describe Someone Special
• Adventurous • Affable • Affectionate • Agreeable • Alluring • Angelic • Attractive • Beautiful • Blessing • Breathtaking
• Careful • Champion • Charismatic • Charming • Classy • Confident • Courageous • Cuddly • Cute • Delectable • Electric • Enchanting • Energetic • Exceptional • Exciting
• Fabulous • Fascinating • Foxy • Funny • Genuine • Gorgeous • Handsome • Hilarious • Kind • Loving • Magnificent • Passionate • Perfect • Precious • Pretty
• Safe • Secure • Sexy • Sharing • Soulmate • Stalwart • Sturdy • Sweet • Team-PlayerPositive Words to Describe a Friend
• Adventurous • Agreeable • Amusing • Believer • Brave • Calm • Candid • Caring • Centred • Challenging • Champion • Cheeky • Clever • Communicator • Consistent • Creative • Entertaining • Friendly • Funny • Generous • Genuine • Honest • Inspiring • Kind • Listener • Loving • Loyal • Openminded • Supportive • Thoughtful • Trustworthy • TrustyKind Words to Describe Someone
WisePositive Words to Describe a Colleague
• Agile • Agreeable • Ambitious • Amusing • Astute • Attentive • Bold • Brave • Calm • Caring • Competent • Competent • Conscientious • Creative • Diplomatic • Engaged • Genuine • Graceful • Hard Worker • Intelligent • Kind • Loyal • Smart • Smart • Team-Player • Thinker • Thorough • ThoughtfulNice Words to Describe Someone
Here is an additional list of words to describe someone, rather than just ‘nice’.
The words we use can make such a huge difference to our mindset. If you’re looking for some more positive words and inspiring thoughts, then check out these related posts:
Do you want to create a zesty meal from scratch? Do you want to become a zany person? Or are you planning to take a trip to your local zoo? If you want to do any of these things, you’ll need to use words that start with Z!
This may sound easy enough, but Z is actually one of the least common letters in the English language. This means that it appears at the beginning of far fewer words than consonants like R, T, or N. Statistically, this also means that both native and non-native speakers are less likely to use or even know words that start with Z. So, to help you expand your vocabulary and learn some new words, we’ve provided you with a master list of 50 words that start with Z. Let’s get started!50 Words That Start With Z and Definitions
Since you can divide words by meaning, length, and part of speech, we will try to keep this list as simple as possible. First, we will begin with positive words that start with Z. So, if you’re looking for positive ways to describe things with the letter Z, keep reading!Positive words that start with Z
Using positive words is a great way to make friends and generally keep everyone happy! However, since it is one of the least common letters in the alphabet, there simply aren’t that many positive words that start with Z. Nonetheless, here are a few words that you can sprinkle into your next English conversation to keep things light and friendly!
– Amusingly unusual or uncommon in behavior or appearance.
My sister entertains her classmates with her zany personality.
– Passionate or enthusiastic.
I’ve always been zealous in my studies.
– Exciting and full of energy (describing people); having a strong, spicy, or pleasant flavor (describing food).
My favorite meal is a zesty chicken curry.
– Having a lot of energy or enthusiasm.
I returned home to a zestful greeting from my dog.
– Fast or lively.
The zippy little car sped through traffic with ease.
Now that you know a few positive words that start with Z, let’s look at even more words that begin with the last letter of the alphabet!Words that start with Za
To keep things easy, we will organize the remainder of this list based on the vowels that follow the letter Z. Each section will contain words that start with Z and a particular vowel. Additionally, each section will begin with 3 letter words that start with Z, going on to 4 letter words that start with Z, 5 letter words that start with Z, and so on!
– A quick change of direction; to make a quick change of direction.
The cyclist zagged all over the sidewalk.
– A sudden burst of energy; to completely destroy.
The gamer used his gun to zap all the enemies in his view.
– A metal holder for a coffee cup that does not have a handle.
I bought my mother an ornamental zarf for Christmas.
– full of energy.
The musical troupe put on a zappy performance.
The clown zanily slipped on a banana peel.
– A remote control; a device for killing insects.
He installed the bug zapper on the front porch to kill all the mosquitos.Words that start with Ze
Next up, we have some useful words that start with Ze!
– A Japanese school of Buddhism; calmness and tranquility.
I’ve been feeling very Zen lately.
– Enthusiasm regarding a specific goal.
His zeal helped him climb the corporate ladder.
– no quantity; focus on a target.
The supermarket had zero watermelons in stock.
– A black-and-white striped horse native to Africa.
A lion chased the zebra across the savannah.
– The high point or peak of something.
The business reached its zenith years ago.
– A person who is fanatical about their religious or political beliefs.
The religious zealot yelled at passersby.
– A kitchen utensil for peeling off small shreds of citrus peel.
I need to buy a zester to use with all of these oranges.
She zestily hurried through the streets.
– A fanatical pursuit of religious or political beliefs.
The politician’s zealotry proved to be popular with rural voters.
– Lacking any zest or liveliness.
The dish he served was completely zestless.
– A freshwater fish native to South Asia.
We saw a school of zebrafish when we went snorkeling.
– The general mood of a period of history based on the prevailing beliefs at the time.
The zeitgeist of the 2010s was one of political division.
– The state of being zesty.
My food had a peculiar zestiness that I found appealing.
– The state of being passionately devoted to something.
The court’s zealousness for law and order had long-lasting consequences.Words that start with Zi
Now it’s time to look at words that start with Zi!
– A sharp change in direction; to make a sudden change in direction.
He zigged past the other driver.
– To close using a zipper; to move quickly.
The man at the airport struggled to zip his bag shut.
– A pimple.
I always get zits when I’m stressed out.
– An essential mineral found in nature.
My doctor says that I need more zinc in my diet.
– Energy and excitement; to move very quickly.
The couple wanted to add a bit more zing to their marriage.
He was left with zilch after his divorce.
– A line that alternates left and right; to move back and forth quickly.
He zigzagged through traffic to get to the meeting on time.
– A funny joke or insult.
The woman was keeping everyone entertained with a series of zingers.
– An extremely large quantity.
I have a zillion things to do today.
– A device used to close or open bags, clothing, or other items.
The zipper on my jacket broke a week after I bought it.Words that start with Zo
Up next, we have words that start with Zo!
– A space dedicated to the display of wild or exotic animals.
For my last school trip, we went to the local zoo.
– A specific area of land.
People are required to drive slower in school zones.
– A camera shot that transitions from a long-shot to a close-up; to move quickly.
The camera zoomed in on the man’s face.
– An area of the night sky divided into 12 distinct signs, which are commonly associated with the 12 months of the year.
What’s your zodiac sign?
– A reanimated corpse; the living dead.
I think zombie movies are really scary!
– The act of dividing space into separate areas; related to the legal or official division of land.
The city officials are rewriting the zoning laws.
– The scientific study of animals.
My mother studied zoology in college.
– An old-fashioned device that creates the illusion of moving images.
Before animated movies came along, people used zoetropes.
– noun – A person who attends to animals at a zoo.
The zookeeper was trained to safely feed the lions.Words that start with Zu
Our lists are starting to get very short! Now we have just three words that start with Zu!
– A variety of summer squash.
I like to eat fried zucchini, but my sister hates it.
– A language originating in South Africa; a 19th-century African empire.
Today, over nine million people speak some form of Zulu.
Just when he thought he was about to win, the player found himself in a zugzwang.Words that start with Zy
Finally, we have just three more words that start with Zy!
– A chemical substance that produces a change in other substances.
Many zymes are found in both humans and animals.
– A fertilized egg cell.
A zygote can eventually become an embryo.
Zymology – The scientific study of fermentation.
Zymology is a subject that focuses on enzymes.Conclusion
We hope you enjoyed this list of 50 words that start with Z! While some of these words may be tricky to place in everyday conversation, others will make a great addition to your working vocabulary. So, don’t be afraid to feel zealous and get in the zone as you zigzag through your next English conversation!
As always, for all things English conversation, grammar, or job-related, visit Magoosh Speaking today!
Cập nhật thông tin chi tiết về 410+ Adjectives That Start With O: Positive O Words To Describe Someone, With Definitions And Examples trên website Hoisinhvienqnam.edu.vn. Hy vọng nội dung bài viết sẽ đáp ứng được nhu cầu của bạn, chúng tôi sẽ thường xuyên cập nhật mới nội dung để bạn nhận được thông tin nhanh chóng và chính xác nhất. Chúc bạn một ngày tốt lành!